Whoop whoop! It’s a new year, and I’ve already started receiving the new year blessings. I’ve been nominated for the Liebster Award, and it’s an honour to me. I’m excited about more people getting to see my blog, and having the chance to do that and being appreciated as a blogger feels so good.
I was nominated by Faith Nyawira. Her blog, faithnyawirablog is simply beautiful. I’m always excited when I get a notification about her new blog posts. She’s also a great girl, and she writes from her heart and always has something inspiring to say. Faith’s blog feels like reading the thoughts of a distant friend, and having a nice cup of tea or lunch together. Thanks for this Faith!
10 Random Facts About Myself
- My middle name is Daisy
- I used to draw and paint, but now I’m an admirer of art
- I’ve dyed my hair red, purple and blond
- I’m scared of getting a piercing
- I find a guy with a great smile attractive
- I got a Bible in my favourite colour. Teal.
- I hate going to local markets
- I love dogs but I can’t deal with grooming them
- I still plan on learning new languages, but I wish I spoke French fluently
- If I could be any animal, it would be a cheetah
These are the questions Faith gave me and my answers:
- What is your favourite book?
My favourite book currently is J.D. Greear’s ‘Jesus Continued’. It’s such a powerful dissection of one of the most foundational pillars of Christianity.
- If you could change one thing in the world what would it be?
I would change how parents (in my country in particular) raise their kids. I notice that parents aren’t intentional enough and often leave the raising of their children to society or others.
- Reading or Watching?
This was really difficult to answer! Arrgh. Reading. I’m a lover of books and I’m a lover of films. Both have changed my life dramatically. But books over movies.
- What is your favourite place in the world?
Any place that is serene, has a lot of nature, beauty and colour, and fresh air.
- What is your philosophy in life?
Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul and strength, and love your neighbour as yourself.
- What’s your definition of love?
Honestly, my definition of love is God, because God is love. But this really means to me, putting someone else above myself.
- What’s your hobby?
Journaling. I love journaling!
- What is your dream?
Wow. My dream? My dream is to be that person who has truly lived a godly and impactful life. And for me that means that I have to be a part of making other lives change for the better, and uplifted.
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
I see myself being a recognizable name in my field and areas of endeavour. And I see myself with a family of my own.
- Which country would you love to visit the most?
I’d love to visit Scotland in the United Kingdom for sure. I dream of the greenery and the history and the ancient music. Maybe I don’t have all the current facts, but I’d still love to go there.
My favourite blog is Oluseyi by Oluseyi Mafolabomi. He blogs truth and he blogs with such wisdom and insight, it’s refreshing. This blog is more than just a blog, it’s like an invitation to a higher life. Oluseyi is witty, and also gives the impression of a free and freed spirit. He writes simply, but profoundly, and challenges his readers. What you see when you visit his blog is a conversation with friends on an adventure together – and I love me some adventure. Oluseyi himself is a kind and true believer and follower of Jesus Christ, and there’s no pretention where he’s concerned but an honest striving to be better. Please check out his blog. It’s always a fantastic read. And he’s cool. Really.
I nominate the following blogs for the Liebster Award. These blogs are fantastic one way or the other and are close to my heart.
- Life in Pages
- The 21st Century Disciple
- F.O.C.H. Woman
- Sarah the MissionArtist
- A Ginger Snapped
- The Pastor’s Daughter
- Obehi Agbator
These are my questions for the blogs I nominated:
- What book would you like to take with you on the way to your dream country?
- What sentence or phrase would express how you’d like to be remembered?
- What’s the most important virtue you look for in a friend?
- If you could paint one thing what would it be?
- What’s your favourite colour and why does it make the cut?
- What movie could you see over and over again?
- Write the first thing that comes to mind when you see this word: Nostalgia
- Would you call yourself a romantic?
- If you could be reborn in a different in a different country what would it be?
- If you could have lunch with anyone in the world living or not, who would it be?
The Liebster Award is:
An award that exists only on the internet and is given to bloggers by other bloggers, whose work they find interesting, to motivate them and promote them as well. The earliest case of the award goes as far back as 2011. Liebster in German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
The Official Rules of the Liebster Award 2017:
Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog. Try to include a little promotion for the person who nominated you. They will thank you for it and those who you nominate will also help you out as well.
Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
Write a 150-300 word post about your favorite blog that is not your own. Explain why you like the blog, provide links.
Provide 10 random facts about yourself. (This year I’m making this optional. If you wish to engage with your readers it’s a great idea to include random facts about you.)
Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 200 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
List these rules in your post. Once you have written and published it, you then have to: Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post or mine if you don’t have all the information so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)
Don’t forget to create 10 questions for them to answer. Notify your nominees and provide a link to your post so that they’ll know what to do. Once you’re done, come back here and comment with the link to your post so others (and me) can check out your answers!